Friday, August 13, 2010

Make New Friends, But Keep the Old...



Courtney and I our freshman year. :)

Wow, over the past day I have had to say goodbye to four of my dear friends, and truth be told, I don't like it one bit. But, I'm going to tell myself that I will get to see them again in the future, and focus on what each one has taught me. So, here goes...

1. Hillary Michael-she is honestly one of the sweetest people I have ever met in my life. She just glows with her happiness and kindness for all. I have learned to slow down and focus on making others feel loved and comfortable from her. She is going to be a fabulous missionary in the Lisbon mission!!
2. Marie Richardson-she was one of my favorite roommates. We only lived together for two months, but I loved every moment we got to be with each other. She has taught me to enjoy the moment and to not take life too seriously.
3. Cliff Latham-Cliff was the BEST home teacher ever. He taught me to be sincere, to work hard, play hard, and to be yourself.
4. Courtney Roberts-my dear friend of four years!! We met at NSO (New Student Orientation) and have been great buds ever since. Courtney has taught me SO much. She has taught me to be all you can be but not pressure yourself too much, to be happy, to live the Gospel, to serve others, to love and to enjoy life.

I am so grateful for the time I have had to be friends with such wonderful people. I will always remember them and keep in touch with them. Most importantly, I will do my best to live my life in such a way that reflects all they have taught me. I live a charmed life and am so blessed by God. Never forget that He loves us and that He will protect and guide His children. Love, Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment