Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Dance Like a Chicken Day!!


Kim and I rockin' the polka at Oktoberfest 2009 in the FLSR.

Each month I make a calendar that includes daily holidays, such as Cow Appreciation Day, Talk Like a Pirate Day, or any other random holiday you can think of. Today happens to be Dance Like a Chicken Day, which I believe is a very fitting day for my life right now, as well as in everyone's life. No matter how serious or tough life may be, we have to find time to relax and let loose-even if that means dancing like a chicken. Yes, a chicken, or a giraffe or capybara if you so choose. In the words of the Dixie Chicks, "...Some days you gotta dance, live it up when you get the chance , cause when the world doesn't make no sense, and you're feeling just a little too tense, gotta loosen up those chains and dance.” Today, I may not have danced like a chicken, but I did loosen up to dance and I found that sometimes the best prescription to be happy and deal with life is to take a break, listen to music and DANCE.

1 comment: