Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Loves of my Life Call Me Coach


My studly soccer boys!!

Life gets rich and fulfilling when it is full of service, good works, and worthy causes. I believe one of the reasons why I believe my life is so blessed, rich, and fulfilling is because of the opportunity I have been given to use my talents of leadership, relationship building, mentoring, and soccer to serve some of God's children right here in Utah. I have wanted so many times in my life to run off to far away countries, volunteer in orphanages and find God's children to serve. What I missed out on was that there are orphans in need of an angel right around the corner, right in the same city, and yes, even in the city of Provo, Utah. I have now been coaching soccer to at-risk children and teens ages 5-15 for the past two years. It has been the most fulfilling thing I believe I have done in college. I absolutely love my boys. My Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays are packed with kids running to me and saying "Coach, coach, coach!!", "Can we hang out?", and "Can you be my coach again?". I don't think I can leave them. I love these kids. I want to give them as many chances to succeed as I possibly can.

One of the ways I can help them is by getting them exposed to college recruiters by getting them more playing time, and keeping them out of trouble and improving their grades by keeping them occupied with more worthy pursuits, such as soccer. I want to get them in an indoor soccer program that starts in January that will prepare them for our upcoming outdoor season in March. That is why I am fundraising. So, if you are interested, we appreciate any support or donations. Check out our team blog at equipochocolate.blogspot.com, check out Coach Janae Piercy's Facebook page to donate, or go to paypal.com and donate to our program at our account name janaepiercy@gmail.com. Thanks so much. I love you all!!
-Coach Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment