Sunday, June 19, 2011

Announcement, Announcement!!



A preview of what I'll be doing in the fall..working with KIDLETS!!

I've finally made my decision. I will be going to Richmond, Virginia to teach Spanish!! How cool, huh? It's totally not what I expected, but it feels right and it's gonna be a fun and new adventure for sure!!

So, here's a little info on how this came to pass:
1. I went to BYU's Teacher Fair in March. I randomly talked to the representatives of Richmond Public Schools, gave them my resume, and walked off.
2. They sent me an e mail asking me to consider their school, and I didn't think anything of it.
3. They sent me a letter a week or two later offering me a job as an Elementary Spanish teacher. Crazy, huh?
4. I did a phone interview and they offered me the job!!
5. I considered all of my options (mission, Taiwan, going to nursing school here or in Washington, subbing in Washington, teaching in Brazil/Portugal, etc., etc.) and finally decided last Sunday that that is what I'm going to do!!
6. The only thing I need to do now is to pass the Spanish PRAXIS exam on July 29th. When I pass, I have a job teaching Spanish in an elementary school. I get to teach in an inner city school district where the ethnic background is 85% Black, 10% White, and 5% Other. How awesome is that? I'll also be within two hours of D.C., be in a good singles' ward, be close to Virginia Commonwealth University, and hello-EAST COAST!! It's gonna be a fun adventure where I learn lots, try something new, and get to learn to rely on my Savior and feel His love and guidance in my life, wherever it may take me.

LIFE IS GREAT!!

Love, Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment